#GivingTuesday After Black Friday and Cyber Monday Really?
The Chris Maloney Legacy Foundation has seen tremendous support throughout our years of golf tournaments. We know our pay day is the tournament day, like that of Cyber Monday and Black Friday for retailers, but when we look at the support of dollars and gifts that pour in ahead of our tournament, as well as the generous donations through our website and now through AmazonSmile program, we’re beginning to see some opportunities to get that extra contribution to our mission. This year we are taking full opportunity of #GivingTuesday because when we took a look back at the dates of those donations a huge percentage were actually on a Tuesday! These #GivingTuesday date pickers know their stuff!
We certainly know how rough 2020 has been. It’s been tough on our organization, our families, our friends, our partners in charity, and very tough on the community we are all trying to help. So, while we may have not written this type of post in the past, we realize today, now more than ever, how important these “giving days” really are. While we welcome any opportunity and avenue to get monetary or gift donations, perhaps December 2nd, tomorrow, is a day that will shatter donation records. Not only across the charitable cloud, but for our very own foundation.
We are setting a goal. That feels attainable. A goal, that once it is hit, would sustain another program that can help in the fight against opioid addiction.
Ways to use #GivingTuesday toward the Chris Maloney Legacy Foundation
- Donation directly on our website!
- Give through a purchase on Amazon.com through AmazonSmile-Chris Maloney Legacy Foundation.
- Donate a gift for next year’s Live or Silent Auction.
- Donate a wine bottle for next year’s tournament.
- Send a check to PO Box 391 • Getzville, NY 14068.
The Chris Maloney Legacy Foundation has been able to turn our fundraising dollars into fantastic, life-changing, lifelong programs
[click here to read about our partnerships]:
- The First Tee of Western NY educational golf + character building programs.
- The First Tee of Western NY + Horizon Health Services resident educational golf + character building program.
- Donation support and forthcoming partnership with Kids Escaping Drugs.
- Therapy Dog Program support at Horizon Health Services.
We are joining the world giving community today, December 1st, 2020. We are doing great things, and we have more planned. That’s why we’re hopeful that #GivingTuesday is an opportunity to finish off the year by laying a little ground work for 2021, as we look toward our tournament in June at Lockport Town & Country Club in Lockport, New York. Beyond some minor operational expenses, everything else goes to pay for the programs that make a difference in our community. Anything you can give is more than appreciated–it’s invaluable.
We thank you in advance for your generosity!