NO DAMPENING OF SPIRITS, HINDERING OF PROGRESS, OR LESSENING OF MEMORIES
The Chris Maloney Legacy Foundation Golf Tournament has been a three-year staple in the community. Experiencing the outpouring of financial support, along with the spirit of our friends and colleagues throughout WNY and beyond, has been amazing. The tournament is an uplifting trek for all of us on the Board, our Tournament Chair people, our on-site volunteers, and all attendees—right up to tee-off and well into the festivities of the night and those long goodbyes.
You could say nothing could stop us—any of us, but we all now know that this is not true. The COVID-19 virus has had a drastic impact on all our lives. As we all struggle to overcome this pandemic our Board of Directors has elected to cancel this year’s tournament. However, this does not mean our upcoming year of support, funding, and devotion to our cause has been canceled.
- Continued support of First Tee Programs remain on the schedule at the time of this notice.
- We are hopeful that the course of action taken in NYS and nationwide will bring a full summer of fun for us all.
- New programs for 2020 are in development
- First Tee Program to benefit Horizon Health Services recoveries has been approved. Final planning is underway, and all looks very promising to meet the needs of all parties involved.
- Horizon Health Services Therapy Dog in the Chris Maloney Legacy Foundation Name. We are super excited about this! It’s been a few months in development and requires legal specifics, however we are more than hopeful that the formal announcement will be forthcoming!
- Fall 2020 Fund Raising Event. Our Board is currently reviewing various options to get together with all of you in celebration of our efforts, raising awareness, and maintaining our reach in the community. We’re open to your ideas! Please send them to us on our website, or contact us directly via email or phone.
Most of all, thank you for your generous support these past few years. While we will not have our golf tournament this year, we have each other, our memories, and the knowledge that we will continue to strengthen each other through the efforts of the Chris Maloney Legacy Foundation.